Step 10: Enjoy yourself!
Best of luck and enjoy the land down under!
Top Ten Things To Do While You Are In Australia
10. Adelaide. South Australia is beautiful to begin with. Much of it is raw and unspoiled. It reminded me a bit of the Canadian prairies. While you’re down there plan to spend a few nights in trendy Adelaide.
9. Melbourne and The Great Ocean Road. The entire city of Melbourne is beautiful. There is a free street car line to help you get around. Be sure to check out the Victoria Markets while you are there and take a look at Philip Island if you want to see the country’s only wild penguins. The Great Ocean Road, which was built mostly by hand, is one of the most scenically beautiful drives you will find in the world. A bus tour with a window seat is recommended here.
8. Byron Bay and Nimbin. Australia’s answer to Amsterdam? Not really but Nimbin is definitely a fun place to check out. Try Jims Alternative Tours and I guarantee you’ll have a blast. Byron Bay is an awesome place to do a surf camp or wander up to the light house for some great pictures.
7. Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands. Book yourself onto a 3 or 4 night boat cruise and check out the Whitsundays. White haven beach is a must as it is one of the most beutiful beaches I have ever seen.
6. Magnetic Island. Take the ferry from Townsville over to “Maggie” and check out the wild koalas, jungle huts and some awesome bush walking.
5. Surfers Paradise. Surfers Paradise is to Australia what Miami Beach is to the United States. Long sandy beaches, beautiful people, skyscrapers, ultra trendy restaurants and bars. Plan at least one night out in the clubs and then move on.
4. Fraser Island. Imagine a giant sand dune out in the middle of the ocean. Now imagine you and 4 of your buddies bombing around this giant sand dune in a 4×4 truck. That’s Fraser. There is a resort on the island or you can camp in several of the designated camping areas.
3. Sydney Harbor Bridge and The Sydney Opera House. Truly unique in it’s appearance the Sydney Opera House is a landmark every traveler should take the time to see.
2. Uluru (Ayers Rock). It’s a giant red rock in the middle of the country but there is something oddly mystic about it. If you had to make a top ten list of things to see in Australia Uluru has to be near the top.
1. The Great Barrier Reef. Do a scuba or snorkeling tour and be sure to bring along a waterproof camera. Clown fish, giant clams, manta rays you’ll see it all.